Our unforgettable and revered Jagjitji,
On your celestial birthday, we send you our warm wishes with fond remembrances.
As one remembers you, one feels vividly —
– The wafting scent of your intangible presence every now and then —–
– The soft nuances of your melodious voice reverberating in the air —–
– The sweet memories of your generosity and kindness in your thoughtful gestures —-
– The fragrance of your majestic personality and its rare genius —–
– The soft balmy effect of your scintillating melodies —
– The beauty of your subtle wit and humour and its mysterious healing power —
– The elegance of your dignified and quiet manner —-
– The glow of your charismatic persona and its mesmerizing appeal —-
How could, then, one forget you ever, who gave us so much to remember— ?
Here’s a modest gift – my tribute to you on your birthday – ‘Samarpan’ – a music album of some of your favourite devotional songs sung by me in my modest attempt to keep their memory fresh. The album is not for sale and is only for distribution amongst your fans.
While I embarked upon this endeavour, a relevant couplet came to my mind, time and again;
“ Hamey raaston ki zaroorat nahin hai,
Hamey aapke kadamon ke nishan mil gaye hain ….”
Indeed, following your invaluable footsteps in the mists of your memories, is a beautiful way of missing you ….
May the peace and blessings of God be upon you always .
— Aparna Chattopadhyay